Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Kentucky Sheep and Fiber Festival


So, you can't go wrong starting out with the CUTENESS...


A White Dorper Lamb


Leah enjoying some Mountain Brew


Then there was old fashioned sodey pop, complete with a souvenir tin cup. We had root beer, then red cream soda - then we felt a little bloated and over sugared.

But we kept the tin cup, so I think all in all I can count it as a win.

Sleepy Sheepie








This sheep is mostly a Wensleydale, and entirely adorable. Doesn't it look like it's smiling? You know, just enjoying the breeze, glad to be in a tent and not out in the rain, lying on some nice thick straw. What more could a sheep ask for?
Hi. 










I didn't get his name, but he was totally ready for his close up. I actually got photo bombed by several animals at the festival, but I like this one the best. I just love those devil eyes!





Table 310
Shakespeare and Co.


Then we went into Lexington, had a bite to eat, walked around enjoying the town, and discovered that bar ceilings are more interesting than previously imagined. I'm sure there's a coffee table book of them out there somewhere.






Now this is the hardest thing to describe. On the way out of town, we were under a huge raft of dark clouds. Up in the distance, where the cloudbank ended, thick sunbeams the color of lemons and egg yolk poured down onto the road. As we came out from under the darkness, blinding sun and pelting rain hit us simultaneously. We were at once in wonderment and extremely limited visibility. After the deluge, we tried to take pictures of the dramatic and towering clouds. This was, I'm afraid, the best we could do. 

We took the road home through Cynthiana, which was incredibly gorgeous - probably the nicest terrain I've seen in Kentucky, which is really saying somethings since it is a very picturesque state. On our longer trip in June we plan to go back down the same way. 



Today: Three - no, Four. That's the number of fiber purchases I made although I still don't have a spinning wheel. Wool Fumes, people!! They're no joke!


No comments:

Post a Comment