Monday, June 17, 2013

Micro, Macro (Fair Warning, there is a picture which includes roadkill although not gratuitously.)








Driving on country roads has inspired us to declare 2013 the Year of the Buzzard.





The buzzards are reluctant to participate in the required publicity events...





And generally seem annoyed that we, their adoring public, are interrupting their (rather unpleasant) lunches.



I did attempt to interest these sheep in blog based fame, but they were more interested in eating their heads off. This is actually fine since I'm more interested in their fleeces being of high quality than dealing with the histrionics of primadonna sheep.
So I thought that I might be looking in all the wrong places for the next big thing. In fact, maybe the problem was that I was looking for a big thing. Big things (charismatic megafauna, you might say) get all of the publicity, all the attention - and is that really fair?


So, allow me to present the star of the weekend drive:

Ooh, Shiny.

Today: Six. As in, the extremely photogenic Six Spotted Tiger Beetle

(I know that this beetle has more than six spots. He's an overachiever.)



No comments:

Post a Comment